The United Nations (UN) have approved proposed Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the UN Sustainable Development Summit 2015 held from 25-27 September in New York.
SDGs replace the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
SDGs are to be achieved by the year 2030.
There are 17 SDGs:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and well being
- Quality education
- Gender Equality
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Reduced inequalities
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible production and consumption
- Climate action
- Life below water
- Life on land
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Partnerships for the Goals
Link to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (click on icon to learn more about it):
Link to article on the Post-2015 Development Agenda (discusses MDGs and SDGs):